The treatment is personalized. The surgeon chooses this surgical technique according to:
- The age of the patient
- The degree of their presbyopia
- The presence or absence of an associated ametropia (myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism) as well as its importance
- The possible existence of a cataract
- The complete ophthalmological examination
The indications for refractive surgery are, in theory, in consensus. What happens in practice however, is that they vary from one surgeon to another because some stakeholders prefer the technique they master best.
We recommend PresbyLASIK if the presbyopia is not total and you are under 55 years.
To know if PresbyLASIK is right in your case, your ophthalmologist must not only practice a complete and detailed ophthalmological examination but also understand:
- Your motivations
- Your expectations
- Your visual needs
Furthermore, they must:
- Inquire about your living conditions (profession, sports activities, social life)
- Summarize your eye and medical history
- Ensure your general health condition
- Check that any medications you take are not incompatible with the intervention.
PresbyLASIK is LASIK surgery that corrects symptoms of presbyopia. We perform this form of LASIK in the same way as we do for the correction of all ametropia whether it is myopia and hyperopia (isolated or associated with astigmatism).